Background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Alas, poor Valentine's Day is gone...

for another year. This is my Valentine Cookie Tree for hubby which he loved. It has little pink and red hearts in the cookies and I hung them with red and white Baker's Twine on a few Forsythia branches that I absconded with. I sandwiched two together with a bit of icing so the hearts would be nice on each side, plus the icing is yummy. I did a bit of recycling too. The tin is from a giant can of pizza sauce that I covered in repurposed corrugated cardboard paper then decorated with hearts on all sides. He loved it!


Here is the card I made for him with more of the same corrugated paper. This photography thing is REALLY getting to me! *stomping foot* Someday I hope to take a picture that I am totally satisfied with. Anyhow...it's all glittery on the edges of the big heart, the fish and edges of the word pieces. What matters most is he was very pleased with it since it looked much better in person than it does in my photo.

Now it's time to start thinking about bunnies, birdies and beautiful colored eggs! Easter comes late this year on April 26 so there is plenty of time. I am soooooo ready for Spring 2011!!! I'm off to dream of an early visit from Peter Rabbit. See y'all later! Ren


No comments: