Background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring is coming!

Spring is coming, Spring is coming, Spring is coming! If I tell myself that enough maybe I will believe it and it will really happen. Can you believe we got MORE snow with the possibility of it snowing again later in the week! Where is Puxatawny Phil when you need him?! Enough is enough! I'm trying to convince myself that the weather is going to change so I've started on some Spring crafts. Here is my first one...a paper bird house. Not sure what I'll do with it but it sure was fun to work on.



This is a close up of just the house part which measures about 8" by 10". The background is from a vintage teacher's manual and the bird is from a book I found at a flea mart on birds. It has some beautiful prints that I will be using in the future.




This is a close up of the dangley thing that is 6" long. At the bottom is a piece of costume jewelry that I pulled the pin back off of and added a jump ring to be able to hang it. The other beads and bits of chain are from my stash. Once again my picture taking abilities, or lack of, is on display and I even tried the Macro thingey, whatever that is supposed to do.




The whole idea is from one of my favorite craft books, Delight In The Details by Lisa M. Pace. I am in love with all of the things in the book and will be trying many of her ideas in the future.



I'm off now to buy two banquet tables for my studio. YAY! Finally I will have a decent work surface! See y'all later! Ren



No comments: